Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Borrowed Showers

my basement must have flooded on sunday night, which extinguished the pilot light in the hot water heater and rendered it completely useless. the guy from pse&g finally showed up at 7:20 this morning, only to inform me that because of something having to do with peanut oil, the entire water heater needs to be replaced.
me: the guy from pse&g says that there is some kind of platform with peanut oil and a door, and when the basement flooded, the door closed ... we need a new hot water heater.
my landlord: hahaha, casey, that's the funniest thing i've ever heard, i have no idea what you're talking about. peanut oil??
i told him that i was just trying to relay the message that the repairman gave to me, and that i was still half asleep. tonight, after two days of taking showers in various places all around new brunswick, i am again avec l'eau chaud.

the reason for the flood was the nor'easter, which was also the reason behind two days of cancelled classes at rutgers (an utter rarity).


my cousin beth's wedding was on saturday afternoon, more or less on the border between connecticut and new york. having slept for a mere two hours the night before, everything was absolutely hysterical. the members of my [immediate] family seemed to be the only people affected by the church giggles, despite the quasi-crazy man who officiated the wedding.
"the sun and the planets... AOL... Love is a matrix. We float dreamily in love."
come on, how was i supposed to keep myself from laughing at that? i jokingly asked my uncle how wrong it would be to steal a bible from a church. "Wrong." that was his solemn reply.
i really like this picture that my mom took of taylor and my dad. they look a lot alike.

my computer now has a mind of its own.
the roots are at rutgersfest!

No comments: